Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Waiting Game

Just a quick update as we wait...

I'm still having a really hard time bouncing back from this last round of chemo.  We are wondering if I may have some kind of a stomach bug that is holding back recovery, because it seems to be at a standstill right now.  I'm trying to drink as much as I can; but because of lots of stomach pain, I'm not really able to eat very much.  We are going to try fluids one more time this afternoon, and the doctor is ordering another medication that will hopefully get me to turn the corner soon!!

The MRI went well yesterday, in spite of having to lie directly on my stomach (the MRI tech made sure there was a trash can nearby :)  The people at Proscan are so wonderful, and I felt such comfort as they programmed my favorite band "Shane and Shane" to play through the headphones during the scans.  The radiologist will hopefully write up a report by tomorrow, and we should hear something by Monday regarding the results.  Ah, the waiting :)

Please continue to pray as we move forward.  Pray that the chemo was effective in eradicating the tumor, the diseased lymph nodes, and any other cells.  Pray that my stomach starts to heal and that my recovery from chemo begins to head in the right direction.  Pray as we get MRI results, meet with doctors, and solidify a game plan for surgery.  And finally, pray that we remain steadfast as we tether our hearts to the Great Physician who already intimately knows all of our next steps.

This was taken last Thanksgiving, and it just made me happy today.  Love these people so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment