Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Prayers for Tomorrow...

I know I wrote that I would be posting 3 things that I'm grateful for each day...and then I realized that I could be grateful and still not find the time to post about it!  So, I'm thinking of many things, they just aren't making their way to the computer :)  I still intend to post these things when I'm able!  This week has been busy, and I've hit my Week 3 groove again (which basically means that I wear myself out a bit too much each day, but try not to care :).

Tomorrow marks another step in the cancer road, and I would ask for your prayers tonight and in the morning.  I meet with my surgeon at 7:15 a.m. to discuss surgery and my next steps towards healing.  The appointment will begin with a mammogram, followed by time with Dr. Hernandez.  My hope is that we will have a much clearer picture of the days and weeks ahead after this appointment, although I assume that I will have to be content with some details being left unknown.

My heart is a bit nervous as I face this next part of the process.  Chemo is a road that is characterized by so many physical struggles, but it's a battle that I know pretty well at this point.  There is a shaky rhythm in it that I've learned, and I feel a bit safe knowing that the chemo is (hopefully) doing it's job.  Surgery, radiation, scans...that's when I have to start hearing the "cancer talk" again.  But my God has sustained my heart through each hill and valley thus far, and I know He will meet me again through the lonely night and into the morning.  His faithfulness truly never fails.

Thank you so much for loving and encouraging me as well.  Hopefully we will receive good news tomorrow and have a solid game plan that I can report on tomorrow evening!

We had lunch today with my mom, my sister and her family today.  This picture with my sweet niece, Cami, just makes me smile tonight :)


2 comments: